Reporter / News Anchor Radio & Digital
Pattison Media Ltd. in Cranbrook has an exciting opportunity! We are looking for a talented team member who is articulate, a great writer, enjoys being on-air and wants to play a key role in creating local news and sports stories for 102.9 Rewind Radio, Wild 104.7 and our Pattison Media Digital Assets in the East Kootenay. Come join an award-winning media company with a proven track record for excellence in journalism.
This position involves working in the newsroom alone during certain portions of the workday. Therefore, the ideal candidate should have the ability to work independently while showcasing sound news judgement. Ideally, this team member has a background in radio broadcasting as a news anchor or related field.
- A positive can-do attitude.
- A creative nature.
- Strong audio presentation skills and social media skills.
- Comfortable with building relationships with community and sports organizations.
- Considered a team player, one whom co-workers can count on.
- Accountable with the ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to prepare and produce compelling local News and Information for Radio and Online brands.
- Adept at contributing story ideas focused on people & key topics.
- Work well with peers throughout our division to maintain and grow market share.
- Graduate of a recognized broadcast/journalism diploma program.
- Minimum 2 years of experience as a reporter/journalist.
- Photography/video skills an asset.
- Valid Canadian driver’s License.
- Curious, flexible team player with the desire to grow within our team and company.
You can apply online below or send your resume, references, and Pattison Media New Applicant Self ID Form by September 25, 2023, to:
Pattison Media is committed to our social responsibility of equal opportunity employment and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, disability, medical condition, gender identity, sexual orientation, or age, religion, expression, marital status or other non-job-related criteria. We encourage members of all designated groups to identify themselves using our self identification form, as doing so will help us correct under-representation of those individuals in our company.