The Melfort, SK division of Pattison Media is looking for a talented Reporter to join an elite team of broadcasters!
We are looking for a creative, engaging, and enterprising journalist to deliver fast-paced news and information backed by a team of journalists that make up the dominant, #1 news source in the market.
You may be the Reporter we’re looking for if you’re a great storyteller, have a strong on-air presence, digital-first mindset, and a winning attitude.
Other Qualifications and Responsibilities Include:
- Using editorial judgement to help determine content of news coverage
- Developing story ideas, writing, and editing news for on-air broadcast
- Having a strong working knowledge of Canadian Press (CP) style print journalism
- Meeting deadlines and handling multiple tasks simultaneously
- Being adept at all delivery platforms, including engagement on the web and social media
- Performing other tasks as required by supervisor
- Broadcast Journalism degree or diploma
- Valid drivers license and access to reliable vehicle
PML is committed to creating an environment for our team members to grow. Preference for future opportunities will always be first given to our existing team members when the skills, talents and aspirations are a fit. Future opportunities, for example, range from senior reporter to News Director and play-by-play announcers advancing from the Junior A to WHL and Usports level for hockey and football.
You can apply online below or send your resume, writing examples, on-air demo and a completed copy of the Pattison Media New Applicant Self ID Form by December 1, 2023 to:
Director of Information Programming
Pattison Media is committed to our social responsibility of equal opportunity employment and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, disability, medical condition, gender identity, sexual orientation, or age, religion, expression, marital status or other non-job-related criteria. We encourage members of all designated groups to identify themselves using our self-identification form, as doing so will help us correct under-representation of those individuals in our company.