Medicine Hat, AB
Come join an award-winning team with a proven track record for mentoring and training young journalists.
Pattison Media in Medicine Hat has an exciting opportunity for an individual who loves telling stories and has strong on camera presence for anchoring newscasts.
We are looking for a talent who is fun, a great writer, enjoys being on camera and wants to play a key role in creating local news and sports stories across multiple platforms including CHAT TV and chatnewstoday.ca
- Contributing story ideas focused on people
- Building relationships with community and sports organizations
- Produce engaging content for our digital and tv platforms
- Shooting and editing
- Reporting live in the field from various community and sports events
- Fill in on the anchor desk as required
- Collaborating with other team members to meet tight deadlines
- A positive can-do attitude
- A strong desire to win
- Strong presentation and social media skills
- Able to roll with the unpredictable nature of the news business
- Familiar with Adobe Premier Pro
- A valid drivers license (abstract required)
- Ability to laugh and have fun
This is a fantastic opportunity for those who really want to learn to be the best they can be. We are focused on helping journalists thrive in a fast-moving newsroom. We welcome innovative ideas when it comes to storytelling and are willing to think outside the box.
This is truly a great place to launch your career as we offer excellent wages and a great benefits package in a very affordable city when it comes to cost of living.
Medicine Hat is the sunniest city in Canada with plenty of recreational and entertainment options for that perfect work-life balance.
You can apply online below or send a cover letter, resume, demo tape and completed copy of the Pattison Media New Applicant Self ID Form by February 10th, 2023, to:
No phone calls please.
Pattison Media is committed to our social responsibility of equal opportunity employment and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, disability, medical condition, gender identity, sexual orientation, or age, religion, expression, marital status or other non-job-related criteria. We encourage members of all designated groups to identify themselves using our self identification form, as doing so will help us correct under-representation of those individuals in our company.