Cannabis Journalism Freelancer
Pattison Media’s latest news and information portal is creating a buzz around the cannabis culture in Western Canada. We tell stories about the people, places and things that continue to make the budding industry grow – including health and lifestyle news, what you need to know about cannabis and the law and how changes in the industry may be impacting you at the local level, among other human-interest stories. The successful candidate does not necessarily need previous experience as a cannabis journalist - just the ability to identify a potential story and the know-how to execute it in a way that will not just entertain, but also inform our readers. We’re looking for someone with a consistent track record of delivering enterprise news.
This is a freelance position that can be based within BC, Alberta, Saskatchewan, or Manitoba.
Qualifications and duties include:
- Working effectively with Managing Editor to curate daily content on the portal and social media.
- Motivated self-starter with strong writing and photography skills, well versed in media law and Canadian Press style.
- Must be willing to occasionally travel for assignments, work flexible hours including evenings and weekends.
- University degree or equivalent, one or more years of newsroom experience.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Other duties as assigned.
You can apply online below or send your resume, writing and photography examples and a completed copy of the Pattison Media New Applicant Self ID form by May 31, 2023 to:
Pattison Media is committed to our social responsibility of equal opportunity employment and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, disability, medical condition, gender identity, sexual orientation, or age, religion, expression, marital status or other non-job-related criteria. We encourage members of all designated groups to identify themselves using our self identification form, as doing so will help us correct under-representation of those designated groups in our company.